More Dress Pictures...

More Dress Pictures...
Click here to see more images

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Damask

I was exhaustedly looking for a damask stencil for my living room, and when none could be found, I found this trinket box at a Hobby Lobby store, took it to a local copy shop and had a photo copy of the box enlarged.  

I used 2 large blank stencils to trace the design and a hot tool to cut it out.

I used an interior glaze without tint and a stencil brush to apply it.

It is quite subtle and is barely noticeable from some angles.  I didn't continue the design because I really wanted a higher gloss, but accented with the 2 frames, it works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think or if one of these ideas has inspired
you to try something out for your space or someone else's.