More Dress Pictures...

More Dress Pictures...
Click here to see more images

Monday, April 13, 2009

Harper's Nursery


This crib bedding by Serena & Lily inspired me to make Harper's bedding, one because I needed it in a different color palette, two because of the $500 price tag for a  crib sheet, bumper and crib skirt!

The damask print fabric was actually part of a  California King sheet set I ordered from Oversock.com for $39 plus $2 shipping, the large and small gingham fabric from fashionfabricsclub.com, and ribbon from JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby.  I made the changing pad cover from towels I purchased at WalMart- one matching the wall color, the other a dark brown.


I had actually intended only to use the large gingham, but mistakenly order the small by mistake, so I used both of them to create the bedskirt, an additional crib sheet, the duvet cover for the comforter I purchased at Ikea and for the top of the curtain panel.

The shade came out of desperate search for a cheaper alternative to the original inspiration.

I was able to make a pillow case and a few throw pillows from the leftover fabric and ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think or if one of these ideas has inspired
you to try something out for your space or someone else's.